CVE-2018-11044: Apps Manager allows unescaped content in invitation emails
Pivotal Apps Manager included in Pivotal Application Service, versions 2.2.x prior to 2.2.1 and 2.1.x prior to 2.1.8 and 2.0.x prior to 2.0.17 and 1.12.x prior to 1.12.26, does not escape all user-provided content when sending invitation emails. A malicious authenticated user can inject content into an invite to another user, exploiting the trust implied by the source of the email.
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Pivotal Application Service
- 2.2.x versions prior to 2.2.1
- 2.1.x versions prior to 2.1.8
- 2.0.x versions prior to 2.0.17
- 1.12.x versions prior to 1.12.26
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- Releases that have fixed this issue include:
- Pivotal Application Service: 2.2.1, 2.1.8, 2.0.17, 1.12.26
2018-07-23: Initial vulnerability report published