CVE-2018-1256: Issuer validation regression in Spring Cloud SSO Connector
Spring Cloud SSO Connector, version 2.1.2, contains a regression which disables issuer validation in resource servers that are not bound to the SSO service. In PCF deployments with multiple SSO service plans, a remote attacker can authenticate to unbound resource servers which use this version of the SSO Connector with tokens generated from another service plan.
Severity is high unless otherwise noted.
- Spring Cloud SSO Connector version 2.1.2
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- Releases that have fixed this issue include:
- Spring Cloud SSO Connector: 2.1.3
- Alternatively, you can perform one of the following workarounds:
- Bind your resource server to the SSO service plan via a service instance binding
- Set “sso.connector.cloud.available=true” within your Spring application properties
This vulnerability was responsibly reported by the Pivotal SSO Service team.
2018-04-30: Initial vulnerability report published