Find out how we can help your digital transformation. Contact us to learn more.
USN-3012-1 Wget vulnerability
Canonical Ubuntu, wget
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Dawid Golunski discovered that Wget incorrectly handled filenames when being redirected from an HTTP to an FTP URL. A malicious server could possibly use this issue to overwrite local files.
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 versions prior to 1.67.0
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells 3146.x versions prior to 3146.17 AND other versions prior to 3232.12 are vulnerable
- Pivotal Elastic Runtime 1.6.x versions prior to 1.6.33 AND 1.7.x versions prior to 1.7.11
- Pivotal Ops Manager 1.6.x versions prior to 1.6.18 AND 1.7.x versions prior to 1.7.9
- Pivotal MySQL 1.6.x versions prior to 1.6.13 AND 1.7.x versions prior to 1.7.10 AND edge release versions prior to 1.8.0-edge.8
- Pivotal RabbitMQ 1.5.x versions prior to 1.5.13 AND 1.6.x versions prior to 1.6.3
- Pivotal Redis 1.4.x versions prior to 1.4.28 AND 1.5.x versions prior to 1.5.16
- Pivotal Push Notification Service 1.5.x versions prior to 1.5.3
- PCF Metrics 1.0.x versions prior to 1.0.9
- PCF Metrics: Log Search 1.x versions prior to 1.0.0
- PCF Metrics: JMX Bridge 1.7.x versions prior to 1.7.3
- Pivotal Single Sign On 1.x versions prior to 1.13 AND 1.1.x versions prior to 1.1.1
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- Upgrade to Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 versions 1.67.0 or later
- The Cloud Foundry team has released patched BOSH stemcells 3146.17 and 3232.12 with an upgraded Linux kernel that resolves the aforementioned issues. We recommend that Operators upgrade BOSH stemcell 3146.x versions to 3146.17 OR other versions to 3232.12
- Upgrade Pivotal Elastic Runtime 1.6.x versions to 1.6.33 or later OR 1.7.x versions to 1.7.11 or later
- Upgrade Pivotal Ops Manager 1.6.x versions to 1.6.18 or later OR 1.7.x versions to 1.7.9 or later
- Upgrade Pivotal MySQL to 1.6.13 or later 1.6.x versions OR 1.7.x versions to 1.7.10 or later OR edge versions 1.8.0-edge.8 or later
- Upgrade Pivotal RabbitMQ 1.5.x versions to 1.5.13 or later OR 1.6.x versions to 1.6.3 or later
- Upgrade Pivotal Redis 1.4.x versions to 1.4.28 or later OR 1.5.x versions to 1.5.16 or later
- Upgrade Pivotal Push Notification Service 1.3.x versions to 1.5.3
- Upgrade PCF Metrics 1.0.x versions to 1.0.9 or later
- Upgrade PCF Metrics: Log Search 1.x versions to 1.0.0 or later
- Upgrade PCF Metrics: JMX Bridge 1.7.x versions to 1.7.3 or later
- Upgrade Pivotal Single Sign On 1.x versions to 1.15 or later OR 1.1.x versions to 1.1.1 or later
The 1.7.x release line of Ops Manager includes a new feature that allows tile stemcells to “float”, which will allow Operators to update their Ops Manager deployment once rather than installing all new Services product releases. If you upgrade one Service tile in Ops Manager 1.7.x with the newly released stemcell, all tiles will automatically upgrade. For more information about the floating stemcell feature, refer to this document.