Find out how we can help your digital transformation. Contact us to learn more.
USN-2994-1 libxml2 vulnerabilities
GNOME XML library, Canonical Ubuntu
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Multiple researchers discovered that libxml2 incorrectly handled certain malformed documents. If a user or automated system were tricked into opening a specially crafted document, an attacker could possibly cause libxml2 to crash, resulting in a denial of service. (CVE-2015-8806, CVE-2016-2073, CVE-2016-3627, CVE-2016-3705, CVE-2016-4447, CVE-2016-1762, CVE-2016-1834, CVE-2016-1833, CVE-2016-1838, CVE-2016-1839, CVE-2016-1835, CVE-2016-1837, CVE-2016-1836, CVE-2016-1840, CVE-2016-4483)
It was discovered that libxml2 would load certain XML external entities. If a user or automated system were tricked into opening a specially crafted document, an attacker could possibly obtain access to arbitrary files or cause resource consumption. (CVE-2016-4449)
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to v.1.66.0
- Pivotal Elastic Runtime 1.6.x versions prior to 1.6.27 AND 1.7.x versions prior to 1.7.5
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 v.1.66.0 or later versions
- Upgrade Pivotal Elastic Runtime 1.6.x versions to 1.6.27 OR 1.7.x versions to 1.7.5
Gustavo Grieco, Mateusz Jurczyk, Wei Lei, Liu Yang