Find out how we can help your digital transformation. Contact us to learn more.
USN-2983-1 Expat vulnerability
Expat, Canonical Ubuntu
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Gustavo Grieco discovered that Expat incorrectly handled malformed XML data. If a user or application linked against Expat were tricked into opening a crafted XML file, an attacker could cause a denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-0718)
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to v.1.64.0
- Pivotal Elastic Runtime 1.6.x versions prior to 1.6.27 AND 1.7.x versions prior to 1.7.5
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 v.1.64.0 or later versions
- Upgrade Pivotal Elastic Runtime 1.6.x versions to 1.6.27 OR 1.7.x versions to 1.7.5