USN-2871-1 Linux kernel vulnerability
- Ubuntu 14.04
Yevgeny Pats discovered that the session keyring implementation in the Linux kernel did not properly reference count when joining an existing session keyring. A local attacker could use this to cause a denial of service (system crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code with administrative privileges.
The Cloud Foundry project released a BOSH stemcell version 3146.5 that has the patched version of the Linux kernel.
Pivotal is releasing an updated version of Pivotal Cloud Foundry Suite which references this patched BOSH stemcell.
Severity is high unless otherwise noted.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells prior to 3146.5 are vulnerable.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry Elastic Runtime pre-1.5.13 versions and 1.6.x versions prior to 1.6.13.
- Pivotal Ops Manager pre-1.5.13 versions and 1.6.x versions prior to 1.6.8.
- Pivotal MySQL pre-1.6.6 versions and 1.7.x versions prior to 1.7.3.
- Pivotal Redis pre-1.4.17 versions and 1.5.x versions prior to 1.5.6.
- Pivotal Gemfire SSC pre-188.8.131.52 versions.
- Pivotal RabbitMQ pre-1.5.4 versions.
- Pivotal Ops Metrics pre-1.4.11 versions and pre-1.6.5 versions.
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with BOSH stemcells 3146.5.
- Pivotal recommends that customers upgrade to the 1.5.13 or later 1.5.x versions or the 1.6.13 or later versions of Pivotal Cloud Foundry Elastic Runtime.
- 1.5.13 or later 1.5.x versions or the 1.6.8 or later versions of Pivotal Ops Manager.
- 1.6.6 or later 1.6.x versions or the 1.7.3 or later versions of Pivotal MySQL.
- 184.108.40.206 or later versions of Pivotal Gemfire SSC.
- 1.4.17 or later 1.4.x versions and 1.5.6 or later versions of Pivotal Redis.
- 1.5.4 or later versions of RabbitMQ.
- The 1.4.11 or later 1.4.x versions or the 1.6.5 or later versions of Pivotal Ops Metrics.