Find out how we can help your digital transformation. Contact us to learn more.
CVE-2015-3191 - CSRF attack on change email
Cloud Foundry Foundation
- cf-release versions prior to v210
- UAA versions prior to 2.3.0
The change_email form in UAA is vulnerable to a CSRF attack. This allows an attacker to trigger an e-mail change for a user logged into a cloud foundry instance via a malicious link on a attacker controlled site. This vulnerability is applicable only when using the UAA internal user store for authentication. Deployments enabled for integration via SAML or LDAP are not affected.
Severity is low unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry Runtime cf-release versions v209 or earlier are susceptible to this vulnerability
- UAA versions 2.2.6 or earlier are susceptible to this vulnerability
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry Runtime 1.4.5 or earlier
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- The Cloud Foundry project team recommends that Cloud Foundry Runtime Deployments running Release v209 or earlier upgrade to v210 or later
- The Cloud Foundry project teams recommends that Cloud Foundry UAA standalone deployments running Release 2.2.6 or earlier upgrade to 2.3.0 or later
- It will be patched in a future version of Pivotal Cloud Foundry
This issue was identified by Mohammed Abdulqader Abobaker Al-saggaf and reported responsibly to the Pivotal Security Team.