CVE-2015-1328 overlayfs privilege escalation
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with 3.16 kernel
Philip Pettersson discovered a privilege escalation when using overlayfs mounts inside of user namespaces. A local user could exploit this flaw to gain administrative privileges on the system.
Severity is high unless otherwise noted.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry Elastic Runtime 1.4.4 and prior
- Any Cloud Foundry deployment with Ubuntu Trusty BOSH stemcell prior to version 2989
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading to BOSH 2989 stemcell or later for all Cloud Foundry deployments.
- Pivotal recommends that customers upgrade to Pivotal Cloud Foundry Elastic Runtime version 1.4.5 or later from Pivotal Network.