MySQL for PCF deploys and maintains a single or three-node database cluster running a recent release of MariaDB with SQL proxies for super-fast failover. This lets developers provision their own MySQL-compatible relational databases on demand. Functionality includes automated backups, zero-downtime upgrades, and configurable service plans.
- Provisioning a service instance creates a MySQL database on a cluster of replicated servers.
- Binding applications to the instance creates unique credentials for each application to access the database.
- Operators can deploy the service with no single points of failure.
- Proxy tier in between applications and MySQL cluster handles failover; should a cluster node fail, the proxy tier routes connections to a healthy cluster node.
- A single service plan enforces quotas of 100MB of storage per database and 40 concurrent connections per user. Users of Operations Manager can configure these plan quotas, as well as the maximum number of databases permitted by the server.
- Cloud Foundry users can access a service dashboard for each database from Developer Console via SSO. The dashboard displays current storage utilization and plan quota.
Deploy an advanced key-value store and cache using Redis, the open source in-memory key-value data store for high performance applications. Use cases include live, in-memory caching, real-time data structure computation, publish/subscribe, and queuing. Application developers can choose from shared or dedicated resources to run their Redis instances.
Pivotal Cloud Cache (PCC) is a opinionated, distributed, highly available, high speed key/value caching service. PCC can be easily horizontally scaled for capacity and performance. PCC is optimized for specific use cases which are expressed as plans within the PCC tile. Upgrades are easy to perform and doesn't cause data loss or downtime. Other key features include:
- Pre-configured for the look-aside pattern, with opinionated defaults
- Dynamically provisioned, clusters are created as required, using a simple command directly from the PCF command line interface.
- Multiple Availability Zones (AZ) support is available (provided the IAAS is configured for it). Pivotal Cloud Cache partitions large data sets and places critical data in different AZs. Data will not be lost should an entire AZ go down.
- Security is provided by default. Mirroring the roles that PCF has (Space Developer and Operator).
Aerospike is a high-performance, distributed, scalable NoSQL database and key/value store. The Aerospike Service Broker integrates your Aerospike database with your PCF deployment by automatically discovering the namespaces that have been created on the database and then exposing them as service plans in the PCF Marketplace so Developers can create instances of these service plans and bind them to applications.
Enable quick and easy access to services like Amazon RDS Services and S3. Platform operators can create service plans and securely manage AWS credentials. App developers can create and manage a service instance for their applications running on Pivotal Cloud Foundry by using the PCF command line to create, bind, unbind, and delete their services.
Amazon Services currently supported include:
Enables on-demand provisioning of VM-based, dedicated MongoDB servers and clusters. Developers can create instances of a MongoDB server or cluster using the Pivotal Cloud Foundry GUI or CLI and bind these instances to an application. Each MongoDB server runs on a dedicated virtual machine for enterprise security requirements and uses Pivotal Cloud Foundry security groups to prevent network connections being established by unauthorized applications. Use of replica sets and other features ensure high availability of the service.
Cloudsoft AMP orchestrates services, platforms and infrastructures. Teams can compose applications from a wide range of software, policies and target environments. AMP is built on the open-source Apache-licensed Brooklyn project, with Cloudsoft’s commercial support and additional enterprise features. The Cloudsoft Service Broker allows applications in PCF to use trusted enterprise data and services with tight control over security and access.
Commercially supported open source PostgreSQL distribution.
DataStax Enterprise for PCF is built on open source Apache Cassandra™. With in-memory computing capabilities, enterprise-level security, fast and powerful integrated analytics and enterprise search, visual management, and expert support, DataStax Enterprise is the leading distributed database choice for online applications that require fast performance with no downtime.
DataStax Enterprise delivers capabilities that transform traditional businesses into Internet Enterprises.
- Production-certified Apache Cassandra
- Enterprise search and integrated analytics on Cassandra data
- Workload management for transactional analytical and search operations
- Comprehensive enterprise security
- In-memory option for lightning-fast transactional and analytics workloads
- Automatic management services
- Advanced visual management for performance monitoring
- Software maintenance and performance reviews with recommendations
EnterpriseDB Postgres Service Broker for PCF enables use of one or more EnterpriseDB Postgres accounts and is deployed as a Java Application on Cloud Foundry. The broker exposes the service on the Cloud Foundry Marketplace and allows users to directly create a service instance and bind it to their applications as well as deleting resources upon deprovisioning.
Provides users with 1-click provisioning of Redis Labs' highly available Redis. Developers can quickly incorporate the in-memory data structure store to create highly performant, low latency apps delivered with minimal operational overhead.
The service brokers enable Hazelcast in-memory data grid to run as an add-on Cloud Foundry service from the CF marketplace. This allows the use of the platform commands to create and bind services thus providing a consistent provisioning and consumption experience for developers.
This is a MemSQL Service Broker, built using the Cloud Foundry Spring Service Broker Template.
A service broker to connect apps running on Pivotal Cloud Foundry to your existing MongoDB Cluster.
Installs Oracle XE Dev database instances with its associated service broker and publishes to your Marketplace for use with apps running on PCF.
To ensure maximum customer choice and flexibility, Pivotal Cloud Foundry is available in different configurations for private cloud, public cloud, or local development.
Try building applications backed by a Pivotal Cloud Foundry services marketplace today with a free trial in one of these configurations. Please review documentation and compatibility matrix to ensure the services are compatible with your architectural goals.