Find out how we can help your digital transformation. Contact us to learn more.
- Pivotal today introduced Pivotal One, a comprehensive integrated platform that includes a set of application and data services that run on top of Pivotal CF, the leading enterprise distribution of Cloud Foundry. This platform will enable agile development teams to rapidly build, update and scale applications on cloud infrastructure that can be instantly expanded and upgraded with no downtime, allowing enterprises to innovate at unprecedented speeds.
- Specifically, the company announced the availability of Pivotal CF, the leading enterprise distribution of Cloud Foundry and the first set of Pivotal One services that are purpose-built application and data services that support a wide range of leading public and private cloud environments. This combination completely redefines the term 'enterprise PaaS' and enables companies to leverage modern big data infrastructure and integrated analytics in the creation of next-generation applications.
- With the first set of Pivotal One services, Pivotal introduces Pivotal HD, the widely adopted enterprise distribution of Apache Hadoop; Pivotal AX, providing automatic analytic instrumentation; and RabbitMQ, the leading open source enterprise messaging system. A MySQL service is also being offered to round out the first set of available services.
- Today’s announcement will be discussed in further detail via a webcast at 10 AM Pacific time. Speaking on the webcast will be Pivotal CEO Paul Maritz, Pivotal Senior Vice President Scott Yara and head of product for Cloud Foundry at Pivotal, James Watters.
SAN FRANCISCO, November 12, 2013 — Pivotal, the company at the intersection of big data, PaaS and agile development, today announced the availability of Pivotal™ One, a comprehensive, multi-cloud Enterprise PaaS comprised of a set of application and data services that run on top of Pivotal CF™, the leading enterprise distribution of the Cloud Foundry ™ platform. This new solution will allow enterprise companies to bring new innovation to market faster than ever before, enabling agile development teams to rapidly update and scale applications across public or private clouds and instantly expand and upgrade with no downtime.
New Pivotal One services will work in conjunction with Pivotal CF to integrate differentiated data services such as Hadoop and visual analytics into the enterprise PaaS experience. With its rich portfolio of data assets and deep programming experience via Pivotal Labs, Pivotal is uniquely positioned to bring an offering like this to market.
As software continues to disrupt a wide variety of industries, there’s been a decided shift in the platforms and processes used to support these businesses, with many looking to PaaS offerings to help them develop new applications quicker and at great scale. Working in agile teams, developers demand a platform that allows them to continuously deliver updates and horizontally scale their applications with no downtime. They seek standardized ways to plug in leading data services and perform deep user analytics on top of massive data sets to drive rapid iteration based on customer needs.
With today’s announcement, Pivotal delivers on its promise to enable the creation of modern software applications that leverage big and fast data on a single, cloud independent platform. Companies can now analyze massive data repositories in their business applications using familiar interfaces, on a common virtual environment running in their private data centers – allowing them to provide more business value and new offerings for their customers. Time-to-value for this new class of applications is dramatically improved, allowing operators to continuously update, manage and scale this integrated platform with no production downtime.
The Pivotal CF enterprise Cloud Foundry platform is a key enabler for modern, software-driven organizations. It includes:
- Pivotal CF Elastic Runtime Service – Provides a complete, scalable runtime environment, extensible to most modern frameworks or languages running on Linux. Deployed applications leverage built-in services and can automatically bind to new data services or to an existing user provided service.
- Pivotal CF Operations Manager – Industry’s first turnkey enterprise PaaS management platform with IaaS integration that enables zero-downtime patching and updates to the platform without service interruption.
- Pivotal One Services – Available add-ons such as Pivotal™ HD, Pivotal AX, Pivotal RabbitMQ™ and MySQL include automatic application binding and service provisioning.
- Pivotal HD Service – The Pivotal HD service for Pivotal CF enables cloud operators to build, manage and scale Hadoop as a natively integrated Pivotal CF Service. Via the Service Broker, applications can bind to this service automatically assigning capacity in HDFS, a database in HAWQ™ and a resource queue in YARN. For application developers this reduces development cycle time by eliminating the typical complexities around deployment, security, networking and resource management that are commonly associated with developing applications on Hadoop.
- Pivotal AX Service – Pivotal AX is next-generation analytics software that is purpose-built on Pivotal HD and deploys and scales as the Pivotal CF Service. Enterprises and Service Providers can offer a self-service analytics environment to each company’s division that addresses the creation, collection, storage, query and visualization of data.
- Pivotal RabbitMQ Service – Pivotal RabbitMQ is a message broker for applications running on Pivotal CF. With Pivotal RabbitMQ, applications can integrate with applications both within and outside of Pivotal CF.
- MySQL Service – Using the MySQL service, enterprises can provision multi-tenant, single instance MySQL databases suitable for rapid application development and testing.
Paul Maritz, CEO, Pivotal
“As we stated when we started the company, we set out to deliver a new platform for a new era. Today we are proud to introduce Pivotal One, comprised of Pivotal CF and the first set of Pivotal One services, which will empower businesses to create applications and deliver new features to customers at a velocity and scale previously only available to Internet giants. We are bringing this speed and scale to some of the most important companies in the world, each of which can now better use data and analytics to build applications and products that have a profound impact on our daily lives.”
Pivotal CF and accompanying Pivotal One services will be available on November 15th.
- Download the Pivotal CF Datasheet - http://bit.ly/1djmOjA
- Read the VMware blog: Pivotal CF on VMware vSphere: Making it Easier for Developers to Build and Deploy Modern Applications Using Platform-as-a-Service - http://bit.ly/1chsh9z
- Read the Essential Elements of an Enterprise PaaS - http://bit.ly/1bwx32Z
Pivotal’s Cloud Native platform drives software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands. With millions of developers in communities around the world, Pivotal technology touches billions of users every day. After shaping the software development culture of Silicon Valley's most valuable companies for over a decade, today Pivotal leads a global technology movement transforming how the world builds software.
©2013 GoPivotal, Inc. Pivotal, Cloud Foundry, Cloud Foundry Dojo and Platform, the Cloud Foundry Conference are trademarks and/or registered trademarks in the United States and/or other countries. All other names associated with products and/or services referenced herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
This release contains 'forward-looking statements' as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.’s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in the filings EMC Corporation, the parent company of Pivotal, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC and Pivotal disclaim any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.