Running Pivotal Cloud Foundry on VMware Virtualization
VMware advanced virtualization technology maximizes data center investments while ensuring enterprise security and stability. VMware and Pivotal have teamed to integrate VMware’s market-leading virtual infrastructure with Pivotal’s leading cloud-native application platform.
Running on top of VMware’s foundation, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) transforms the virtualized infrastructure into a cloud-native platform that supports DevOps collaboration, enables continuous delivery, and accelerates the pace and quality of software delivery.
Pivotal Cloud Foundry and vSphere Part 1
PCF aims to make the right thing the secure and compliant thing too. Here’s a look at new PCF features that help you go fast while going secure.
Our engineers take a look at how you can use BOSH to deploy VMs as the backend of an NSX Load Balancer.
Why Run PCF on vSphere with NSX in Your Enterprise?
- Instantly provision your initial PCF network. Before you deploy PCF for the first time, just run a custom install script and you’re done!
- Cookie-cutter repeatability ends configuration drift. As your PCF footprint grows, each installation will look the same. You've built a template for the network design. Every PCF install is identical, predictably deployed and fully isolated the same way. This may be the single most potent element of the NSX powered PCF install available today.
- Firewall rules are far simpler to manage. Managing firewall rules for your PCF deployment is a breeze. Define rules globally, then implement them locally at the edge. NSX automates firewall deployment and policy enforcement.
- Verify compliance with at-a-glance inspection of traffic flows. NSX and complementary tools deliver complete visibility to all network traffic. This real-time view shows you how packets move through your network.
- Built-in high availability (HA) for load balancers and firewalls. NSX delivers native HA for load balancers and firewalls, so it's easier to meet SLAs.