Business Critical Support services are delivered remotely by a Designated Support Engineer (DSE) who serves as your single point of contact for Pivotal Software support, and offers the following:
- An extension of your team: In personally overseeing your Pivotal support experience, the DSE drives faster resolution and engages Pivotal subject-matter experts when needed.
- Weekly “Carelog” calls: The DSE engages your team in discussing open service requests and product-related issues, driving toward more efficient resolution and enabling discussion of future plans, projects, or enhancements.
- Technical guidance with system upgrades and patches: The DSE provides insight and technical knowledge to incorporate in your upgrade plans, including configuration, notifying Pivotal’s Global Support teams, and identifying any issues discovered during the test or development phases.
- Feature request assistance: Your DSE facilitates the feature request process with your team, advocates with Pivotal product management and development on your behalf, and lays out timelines and delivery dates of new features.
- Root cause analysis (RCA): Should there be a critical event, your DSE will conduct a full RCA, including incident review with detailed outline of the impacting event, additional detail around the debug analysis, recovery, and the resolution steps taken.
Activities and Benefits
- Regular communications to lead, discuss, and review open issues or other activities
- Quarterly business reviews to discuss upcoming product releases
- Reporting and metrics
- Advocate for future feature updates
- Relevant technical information and product enhancement guidance
- Review of bug fixes that address support requests
- Review of release notes and other technical documentation for upgrade events
- Participate in customer-driven standups as available
- Manage and oversee technical support activities
- Individual service request support guidance, resolution, progress monitoring, and intervention
- Access to relevant Pivotal senior technical and engineering resources
* Customer must have an active subscription (“Premium Support”) or a valid support contract in place for the specified product as a prerequisite to the purchase of Business Critical Support.
|Length of Service||1, 2 or 3 Years|
|Product Upgrade direction||Yes|
|Method of Access||Web / Telephone / Email|
|Response Method||Telephone / Email|
|Access to Pivotal Website||Yes|
|Access to Pivotal Discussion Forums and Knowledge Base||Yes|
|Max Number of Technical Contacts per Contract||5|
|Number of Support Requests||Unlimited|
|Premium Support Hours||
24 Hours / Day
7 Days / Week
365 Days / Year
|Feature||Business Critical Support|
|Assigned Designated Support Engineer (DSE)||Yes|
|DSE Support Hours||
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (local time zone)
|Length of Service||
10 Hours / Week for 6 or 12 Months
Can be stacked to 20, 30, or 40 Hours / Week
|Weekly Carelog Calls||Yes|
|Root Cause Analysis (RCA)||Yes|
|Guidance with System Upgrade and Patches||Yes|
|Feature Request Assistance||Yes|
|Account Management **||Yes|
|Proactive Support **||Yes|
|Responsive Management **||Yes|
** See description under Program Overview
Last Updated: April 10, 2018