"One of the things we've learned is that if you can't get it to market more quickly, there is no doubt that the market will have changed and no matter how well you've engineered it or built it or deployed it or trained your folks, it's not going to be quite right because it's just a little too late."
James McGlennon, Executive VP and CIO, Liberty Mutual
- Evolution of risk model
- Changing team responsibilities and deliverables
- Need to transform the enterprise
- Silos across the organization
- Staying ahead of ecosystem changes
- Business heavily impacted by disruptive technology
- Need to accelerate time to market
- Changing roles across the company
- A more responsive, risk-taking, agile culture
- The ability to engage in several projects and easily shift focus to best products—not just heavily invest in one project that may be obsolete by launch
- Improved speed to market
The century-old insurance company puts customer feedback at the center of software development.
Dave Ehringer, Technical Director of Platforms, Liberty Mutual Insurance
Chris Bartlow, Technical Senior Director, Liberty Mutual Insurance
Liberty Mutual helps customers protect what they earn, build, own, and cherish. The century-old insurer has always known the faster it responds, the better it serves individuals and communities. That’s why it engaged Pivotal. Together Liberty Mutual and Pivotal are speeding the insurer's software development processes by combining proven methodologies with in-depth industry experience to build the right software and deliver the right services, at the right time. Through market disruption, Liberty Mutual is leading the way in app development to ensure the company is always there when customers need it most. The result? A stalwart, Fortune 500 company that’s actually leading the way in app development to improve lives and communities. In other words, a total transformation that promises to disrupt the insurance industry from the inside.