This course provides administrators and operators with the theoretical understanding and hands-on experience needed to manually install and manage Pivotal Container Service (PKS). The course begins with an introduction to BOSH and how to use it. This builds the foundation for installing Ops Manager and Pivotal Container Service (PKS).
Students experience how Operations Manager and BOSH are used to operate PKS through hands-on lab exercises. Furthermore, students will create and manage individual Kubernetes clusters via PKS and then deploy an application to a container. Lab work is completed using Google Cloud Platform, and concepts can be generalized to using PKS in any IaaS.
PKS Fundamentals prepares students to work productively with Pivots in a Platform Dojo, or to join an experienced platform team that has already completed a Platform Dojo with Pivotal.
Who should attend
- Platform Engineers responsible for the creation, configuration, and updates of PKS and associated products
- Google account (can be Gmail)
- Network access to Google Cloud Platform
- Chrome or Firefox
- Experience using the Linux command line interface
- Permission to install software
- Knowledge of YAML, basic IaaS, and container concepts is preferred, but not required
What you'll learn
Upon completion of this course, students will have experience with:
- Understanding a BOSH release and how a BOSH deployment is used
- Understanding the BOSH architecture and how it enables Pivotal Container Service (PKS)
- Understanding the Pivotal Container Service architecture and how it impacts developers
- Installing Pivotal Container Service
- Using BOSH to explore, troubleshoot and deploy releases
- Operations Manager
- Deploying a sample application to Kubernetes
Instructor-led, classroom only.
This class may be taken at a Pivotal facility.
Four daysTraining brief
2020年03月02日 - London
2020年03月17日 - Chicago
2020年04月21日 - Washington D.C.
Private onsite training provides a flexible training solution without the time and expense associated with traveling.Book Private Course