Concourse for PCF is a BOSH-release deployed by an independent BOSH director. This is because Concourse for PCF is used for both application and platform operation CI/CD processes that can span across multiple PCF deployments.
Follow instructions for preparing a cloud environment for a BOSH deployment. Prepare your manifest to reflect the configuration you want to deploy, and then bosh deploy the latest version of Concourse for PCF from network.pivotal.io.
A few options to consider are:
- Whether you want to install a load balancer and scale up to multiple web components to handle heavier usage.
- Use the default configuration for an internally managed database, or to connect to an externally managed database.
- Whether you want to encrypt the database
- Whether you want to use Vault for credential management
- How to configure authentication and authorization: (Concourse-managed, GitHub managed, or Cloud Foundry UAA-managed)
Whenever you want to update Concourse or change your deployment configuration, simply redeploy with BOSH again after downloading the latest version of Concourse and updating your configuration manifest.
Once you are deployed and your team authentication is set up, Concourse is available to your teams to begin building their delivery pipelines.