Informativa sulla privacy
Personal Information of our Customers’ Clients and Employees
- Pivotal collects information under the direction of our customers, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes on behalf of such customers. When we provide services to our customers, in some instances we process personal information about their clients or employees (“Client Information”) on their behalf. In these situations, it is our customers rather than we who decide the reasons for which the Client Information will be processed.
- If you are a client or employee of one of our customers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our customers that use our service or for details of how the Client Information will be used and protected, and details of how to access or correct the information, please refer to the privacy statement of the Pivotal customer to which you submitted your personal information. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our customers.
- Pivotal acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete data should directly query Pivotal’s customer. If requested to remove data, we will respond within the applicable legal timeframe.
- We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide services to our customers at their instruction. Pivotal may also retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Personal Information We Collect
Pivotal or our service providers may collect, store, and process personal information and other information from or about you when you:
- use Pivotal Websites or Service Offerings to order products or services;
- register products;
- request information;
- subscribe to marketing or support materials;
- download proprietary Pivotal software, third party software, or open source software (“Software”) from Pivotal Websites;
- enter a contest;
- respond to promotional campaigns; and
- register to a secure extranet site to obtain access to Software or Service Offering and any associated information, support, and training.
- We also may collect additional information that is related to you such as your computer’s operating system, browser, and your use of and activities on our websites.
- Pivotal or our service providers may collect, store, and process personal information and other information from or about you when you:
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Pivotal or our service providers may use the personal information and other information we collect from you in various ways including in connection with: providing service and support to you; billing you for Service Offerings; verifying your identity; carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Pivotal; communicating information about Pivotal Websites, Service Offerings and our mobile applications, and other interactions (e.g., customer service inquiries, user conferences, etc.); improving our Pivotal Websites, Services Offerings and our mobile applications, and other interactions (e.g., customer service inquiries, user conferences, etc.); contacting you to complete surveys that we use for marketing or quality assurance purposes; sending you promotional information; complying with Service Offering obligations as well as in any other way we describe when you provide information; combating fraud, crime and as otherwise required or permitted by law; and for any other purpose with your consent.
- We may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level by opting out. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
Collection of Information Using Cookies and Other Tools
- If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising, please contact us at email@example.com or follow the opt-out instructions in the email.
- We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile applications on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
Sharing Your Information
- Third-party service providers and suppliers receiving personal information are authorized to use your personal information only for the purpose it was originally intended or as required or permitted by law. However, unless otherwise dictated by law or agreement, Pivotal is not responsible for any improper use by such parties.
Sharing Personal information Across Country Borders
We may also disclose your personal information and other information, including across country borders:
- to our subsidiaries, affiliates, and worldwide offices;
- to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement or government request, or other legal process;
- to produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings;
- if Pivotal determines in its good faith judgment that such disclosure is necessary to provide its services or to protect the rights, interests, safety, or property of its business, employees, suppliers, customers, or others;
- in connection with any proposed or actual sale or other transfer of some or all assets of Pivotal, and/or any proposed or actual sale or merger of Pivotal or any division of Pivotal;
- to enforce the terms of any agreement with Pivotal;
- to combat fraud or other criminal activity;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- as otherwise required or permitted by law; and/or
- with your consent.
- In certain cases Pivotal offers European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our customers that operate in the European Union, and other international transfers of customer data.
- We may also disclose your personal information and other information, including across country borders:
Marketing Choices, Right to Access Your Personal Information, and Our Retention
- Your Marketing Choices. Your decision to provide the personal information that we may request from time to time is voluntary. However, if you do not provide the personal information requested, you may not be able to proceed with the activity or receive the benefit for which the personal information is being requested. You can always unsubscribe or choose not to receive promotional materials from Pivotal by following the specific instructions in the email or other communication you receive or by notifying us via the appropriate method(s) described below. It may take a reasonable period of time to process your request, but no longer than 10 business days for email promotions. In countries where Pivotal is required to do so by law, Pivotal will offer you the opportunity to provide opt-in consent before promotional materials are sent, or promotional calls are made, to you. This will not apply to service communications that are considered part of certain Service Offerings, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel the applicable Service Offerings.
- Your Access to Your Personal Information. Pivotal strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes, and policies designed to maintain data integrity. We will provide you with reasonable access to your personal information in accordance with relevant laws, including by making reasonable efforts to provide you with online access and the opportunity to update your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your personal information. Upon request, Pivotal will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. To request access, correction, or deletion or transfer of your personal information, follow the applicable instructions below. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to reject such requests or to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if required or permitted by applicable law. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame.
- Our Retention of Your Information. We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Pivotal Websites, Service Offerings and mobile applications. If you wish to cancel your account, or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you Software or Services, contact us via the applicable methods provided below. Even after we cancel your account or cease using your personal information to provide you Software or Services, we may still retain, use, and disclose your information as necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, ethical, or document retention obligations, and any request to delete your personal information is subject to these obligations and restrictions.
Security of Your Personal Information
- Pivotal has implemented administrative, technical, and physical measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, anti-virus protection, network monitoring, and, where appropriate and required by applicable law, Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) or similarly encrypted browsers. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% private and secure, and you understand that Pivotal does not ensure or warrant the privacy or security of any information we collect from or about you, and that you use the Pivotal Websites and provide us with information at your own risk. If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Please also be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an email that looks like it is from Pivotal asking for your personal information. Pivotal will never request your personal information through e-mail. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at set forth below.
Your California Privacy Rights
- If you are a California resident, California Civil Code §1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Pivotal to its affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes, within the past year. To make such a request, contact us as set forth below.
- Unsubscribe from Pivotal emails at our unsubscribe page here.
- If you are a resident of the EEA and have an unresolved privacy or personal information collection, use, or disclosure concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact the EU Data Protection Authorities. If you are a resident of Switzerland and have this concern, please contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.