This three-day immersive course exposes students to the essential tools and skills required to deploy, run, and upgrade Pivotal Container Service (PKS). PKS Fundamentals prepares students to work productively with Pivots in a Platform Dojo, or to join an experienced platform team that has already completed a Platform Dojo with Pivotal.
Students who take this course will:
- Learn how to install and manage PKS via platform automation with Concourse.
- Learn how Operations Manager and BOSH are used to operate PKS through hands-on lab exercises.
- Create and manage individual Kubernetes clusters via PKS then deploy an application to a container.
- Work through Day 2 Operations such as upgrades, backups, and disaster recovery.
Lab work is completed using Google Cloud Platform, however, concepts can be generalized to use PKS in any IaaS.
Who should attend
- Platform Engineers responsible for the creation, configuration, and updates of PKS and associated products
- Google account (can be Gmail)
- Network access to Google Cloud Platform
- Chrome or Firefox
- Experience using the Linux command line interface
- Permission to install software
- Knowledge of YAML, basic IaaS, and container concepts is preferred, but not required
What you'll learn
Upon completion of this course, students will have experience with:
- Pivotal Container Service (PKS)
- Operations Manager
- Pivotal Network
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Backup and restore using BBR
- A sample application