Confluent Operator helps organizations build and automate a streaming platform based on Confluent Platform and Apache Kafka using Pivotal Container Services (PKS) as their runtime platform. Confluent Operator automates provisioning, management and operations of Confluent Platform on Kubernetes using the Operator API.
Provision in Minutes
Eliminate configuration overhead and accelerate time to value through automated, zero-touch provisioning of production-ready Docker images.
Automate Like the Experts
Scale your Kafka clusters elastically use automate rolling updates. Confluent Operator operationalizes management best practices acquired by Confluent from years of running Kafka.
Operate At Scale Across Clouds
Kubernetes lets you run apps and services anywhere, Kafka makes data accessible instantaneously, anywhere.
Confluent, founded by the creators of Apache Kafka®, provides the leading streaming platform that enables enterprises to maximize the value of data. With a streaming platform that spans to the edges of an organization and captures data into streams of real-time events, businesses in industries such as retail, logistics, manufacturing, financial services, technology and media are able to respond in real time to every customer event, transaction, user experience and market movement whether on premises or in the cloud. Backed by Benchmark, Index Ventures and Sequoia, Confluent is based in Palo Alto, California.
“Kubernetes lets you run your applications and services anywhere, and Kafka enables you to make your data accessible instantaneously, anywhere. Enabling everyone to run Apache Kafka on Kubernetes whether on premises or in the cloud, and working with Pivotal, is an important part of our mission to put a streaming platform at the heart of every company”
Neha Narkhede, co-founder and CTO at Confluent
Confluent provides a Helm chart interface and a Kubernetes Operator to deploy the Confluent Platform on Pivotal Container Service (PKS).
Confluent Operator directly addresses the challenges of running Apache Kafka on PKS, and offers the following features across all Confluent Platform components:
- Configuration for Confluent Platform clusters to achieve zero-touch provisioning.
- Deployment of clusters across multiple racks or availability zones.
- Integration with Persistent Volume Claims to store data either on local disk or network attached storage.
Cluster Management and Operations
- Automated rolling update of the Confluent Platform clusters after either a Confluent Platform version, configuration, or resource update
- Elastic scaling of Kafka clusters up or down by updating cluster configuration.
- Restoration of a Kafka node to a pod with the same broker id, configuration, and Persistent volumes when a Kafka pod dies
- End-to-end data completeness SLA monitoring with Control Center
- Exposes Prometheus metrics for additional alerting and monitoring