The main focus of the course is on enabling students to grasp the breadth and depth involved in running a PaaS. The course stresses the importance of platform automation, introduces the idea of platform as a product, and gives hands on experience on what it means to run and maintain a PaaS at scale. All of this is done hands-on. Product management, XP, and agile are explored in a fluent teaching style. We use tools like Concourse, BOSH, and CredHub, and discuss logging and metrics as well as Site Reliability Engineering (SRE). This all happens in the context of a specific IaaS*, to be as close to a future customer experience as possible. At the end of the course we expect students to be prepared to work productively with Pivots in a Dojo or to join an ops team that has gone through a Platform Dojo with Pivotal and speak the same language.
Who should attend
Platform Engineers responsible for the creation, configuration and updating of Pivotal Platform and associated products.
- Access to a Linux environment or install Windows subsystem for Linux.
- Experience using the Linux command line interface.
- Permission to install software.
- Access to a vSphere environment via browser and command line.*
- Completion of a Cloud Foundry developer course is preferred, but not required.
What you'll learn
At the end of the training, students will have been exposed to and worked with:
- Platform Automation
- Operations manager
- Platform as a Product
- Blobstore for offline resources
- Agile/XP/Product management
- Apps Manager
- A sample application
* This course is usually taught on vSphere with NSX-T. Upon customer request, with at least 6 paying customers subscribed, we can also offer it on GCP, Azure or AWS.
Instructor-led, classroom only.
This class may be taken at a Pivotal facility.
4 天Training brief
2020年03月31日 - San Francisco
2020年05月05日 - Chicago